Rustic Dots

Friday, July 15, 2011

Key West Update and Baby Update

Let me just first start out by saying Key West is an amazing place! I would love to go back, but this place to me is not really a place where I would take my kiddos until they were "mature". I am only saying that because it is a completely different atmosphere than what goes on here or in most other states.

When you arrive in Key West your first thought maybe, "Am I really in the States?". I say this because of the beautiful turquoise waters, Island atmosphere, and no one in that town speaks English! Ok ok..most do, but no one is from "Key West" everyone is from Europe, South America, Cuba, or other foreign places. I think it is awesome because it really makes Key West what it is...a tourist town. Cruise ships are brought in DAILY and DUMPED on Duval Street. For some reason many of these cruise ship people were just plain rude. OH and everyone smokes like a freight train. Sheesh. I could care less if you want to smoke your cancer stick, but please for goodness gracious do not blow it in my face. --Rude. Security.

Well, that is pretty much the 411 on what Key West is like. Other than the fact there are loose chickens everywhere, great food everywhere, beautiful sunsets, entertainment on Mallory Square, and great adventure trips to surrounding islands.

We got there on the third of July, and bought beach chairs from the hotel to watch fireworks on the beach for the Fourth. Well, after walking around the Island on the fourth we went back to our beach chairs to find out that some European couple where squatting on our chairs that we bought. Ahh geez. Seriously, okay well so Evan goes up to the man, "Hey I don't mean to bother you guys, but we bought these chairs earlier for the picnic/fireworks tonight so you are going to have to move." Well. Apparently that ole dude has a hearing problem, so Evan told him again. Then the guy's wife said ::English Accent:: "EWoh you paid for these chairs". Evan's response, Yes mam we paid for them this morning, and this couple will tell you that we were there this morning when they bought their chairs. The other couple nodded and said yeah they paid for these chairs right before we did. Well, then the English turd said Well, I don't mind leaving if you really did pay for these chairs. Then, he very slowly starts to get up out of our chairs. Seriously like five minutes go by and we are just standing there waiting on him to put his sandals on. By this time, I'm tired and ill so I just go over to my chair and just throw my stuff down, and then they leave. --Rude. Security.

Oh no that's not all that happened on our Country's Glorious Birthday! Later, Evan decides to go find something to eat so he leaves me sitting in our chairs. Okay, he isn't gone five minutes and this guy in a blue England shirt with an American flag wrapped around his head approaches me and asks me, ::English Accent:: "I have a kid that is wet, can I borrow one of your towels?" At first I was like what...and then I processed the question. I explained to him that concierge would have spare towels for him at the counter for him to use. No, I'm not going to let you borrow my husbands towel....gross. Apparently he wasn't a hotel guest, so concierge wouldn't give him a towel. So he goes to someones chair that they paid for and rips a towel off of their chair comes back by me, shakes his head, and stares me down with an evil look. UGH Excuse me! So I just throw my hands up in the air like... Well, excuse me for your bad parenting. If you didn't have a towel to start with you shouldn't have let your child in the water! Duh. --Rude. Security.

That was enough drama for the rest of the trip. Haha! Everything else was great! On Friday we took a sea plane to Tortuga's/Fort Jefferson. It was only of the coolest things I've ever done. We got to fly in a small plane that held about 12 people (Including the pilot), flew over a privately owned island, other small islands, shipwrecks, the fort, and we landed on water. How Awesome! Once we got there, we toured the fort and went snorkeling. It was the best snorkeling ever!





Alright enough about the trip. Now let's discuss the baby! Well, in Key West I was 9 weeks and major thanks to the Lord that I didn't get sick one time!!! WAHOOOOOO! Morning sickness is finally going away.

Here is an update of what happened at 9 weeks and a picture of me in Key West.

9 Weeks--A green olive
Your little embryo has now officially graduated to fetus-hood. Adding to the excitement, a Doppler ultrasound device might be able to pick up the beating heart. With basic physical structures in place and increasingly distinct facial features, baby is kind of starting to look like... well... a baby!--The Bump



This dress is a little big, and I was really trying to make a bump. Anyway, I plan to use it to "Track the Bump" throughout my pregnancy.

Once we got back we had our 10 week appointment. It was pretty long and boring. We had to fill out paper work, and talk with the nurse alot. Then we got to listen to the baby's heartbeat, and it was very strong (180). Later the Dr. came in and he looked at my tummy and said everything is going perfectly. He said I haven't gain a pound yet, and he told me to keep walking and swimming if I could. Then he said that I'll come back in four weeks and we will have the same appointment as today (minus blood work). Then four weeks after that will be the BIG appointment. We will get to see the baby again, and find out what it is! Yippee! Can't wait. So, before we left I went ahead and scheduled both appointments because I wanted to make sure that Evan knew 8 weeks in advance so he could take off work. :)

Here is what is going on now...

10 weeks: A prune

With bones and cartilage starting to form and vital organs beginning to function, baby is making major progress. Body length will almost double in the next three weeks, and arm joints are now working. (Soon, legs will too.)

Morning Sickness: Seems to be fading
Tiredness: Comes and goes
Weight Gain: -1 Lb (I know this will change soon...especially if I keep eating Mexican food)My stomach is growing and re-shifting.
Do people notice I'm pregnant: Not sure. I think it depends on what I wear. If I'm wearing a dress not really, but if I'm wearing pants and a tight tee I would say yes.
What do I miss: SUSHI (Evan ate it once in front of me...I thought I was going to slap it out of his hand! LOL)
Cravings: None really, but I went to eat with Lauren and Rachel at Rosies the other day and ate a cheese enchilada...So let's just say I've been wanting that again ever since I ate there. I'm still not able to eat a lot in one sitting. Multiple meals throughout the day is the way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment