Rustic Dots

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

At War with Names Galore....!

We can't pick a name and settle on it to save our lives! Well...mainly we pick a name, but then I want to change it because I think too much about it. I think once we know what it is...We will be able to settle.

It also doesn't help that no one really likes our names...oh well. After all it is my kiddo so I should pick a name that I like...Right?

Well, just in case all you readers out there are interested here is what we have so far...

We like all of these, but just can't decide.

Girl Names:

Annabelle Reese (Evan's Grandmother *Osmer* first name is Anna). Initials AOR
Cheyenne Lee or Leigh (Evan's Grandmother *Brakefield* middle name is Lee) Initials COL
Presley Allen (My grandmother's *Sanders* maiden last name, my mom's middle name,
and my middle name is Allen)Initials POA
Lily Kate (My great-grandmother's name; Lily Kate Farmer) Initials LOK

These are just a mixture of *Old and Modern* Names I like them all.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Boys:

Judson Alexander (Both name's are on Evan's side of the family. Judson was a Baptist Preacher and a Civil War Solider, and Alexander was his son). Initials JOA

Bradley Evan (Of course Evan...is after Evan) Initials BOA

We also like Colt and Stetson, but no middle names...yet

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ugh. Well, that's it. So HOPEFULLY Baby Osmer's Name is up there. I would prefer this child have SOME kind of family name either in their name or as a part of their middle name. Maybe I'll just throw them in a hat and pick. Decisions ... Decisions... Any comments?

I know our names aren't popular, but I'm not trying to win a popularity contest here. I just want the name to be strong, original, but not common.

Can't wait for Saturday! I was feeling girl, but now I just don't know. At least I have a 50/50 guess! :)

What are your predictions? Boy or Girl?

2 comments:

  1. Its a boy. Let's try not to give him a name that would make him sound like a character from a john wayne movie... why not Rooster, or Duke? J/k. Plus there's always Patrick Evan Jr to consider. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Sir you are the one who has come up with almost ALL of these names... ;)

    AND... I LIKE JOHN WAYNE MOVIES! :P

    I will not have a Jr! Sowwie!

    ReplyDelete