Well, now that I'm pregnant my interaction with Tide has not completely went away, but it has toned down quite a bit. Mainly because I'm trying to get him used to less attention because when the baby gets here I don't want him to feel too left out. So, if I don't really give him alot of attention now, he most likely will not notice it later. IDK...just my theory and I didn't want to mess with him too much because of the dreaded fear of toxoplasmosis which cats are prone too. BUT tide has always been an indoor cat and has never ate a dead bird or rat...and the fact that he NEVER goes outside of a 78 degree temperature I figured the chances of him actually having it where pretty slim. So to be on the safe side, my doctor went ahead and tested me for it! Good news...I don't have it! :)
Any rate...I am still not allowed to change the cat box, but I still get other cat jobs. One of those jobs includes giving him a bath. Ugh this is such a chore. Here is why...because I have to get him in the tub and make him stay in there, wash him down, get him out, dry him off, blow dry him, brush him, and then clean up the mess in the tub as well as wash all the towels I used. So, I decided to call the vet to see how much they charge to bathe and defunk a cat. The receptionist said $10, but he has to be updated on all his shots before going back with the other animals. I was like okay no big deal because he needs those anyway. Then I asked her about how much my final bill would be and she said about $56. Well, I was like wahoo. A $10 bath is worth not having to put up with all that mess, and the other amount is a one time fee for his shots! Cool Beans.
NOT. I set up his appointment for the next day at 9. She told me not to let him eat after 9 just in case they need to sedate him. Okay well I wasn't thinking they would have sedate him because he 1 has no claws and 2 he isn't mean.
I drop him off at 9 and yes he is a little scared because I guess he senses he is not in a familiar setting. I tell him bye and the lady said they'd call when he was ready to go home. I was like that is fine because I'm going to work in my classroom. Well, its like 1:30 and I haven't heard from them, so I call the vet. He isn't ready yet because they had to sedate him. Pick him up after five. What?! After five? Why? Well, we just want to make sure he is okay when he wakes up. Okay.
So, I go to the vet after five to pick up my clean cat and I'm thinking I'm just gonna run in pay and go home...so I leave the car running. NOPE. I walk in and tell the lady I'm picking up Tide. So, she goes back to see if he's ready. Then goes to a patient room and turns on the light. Next, she motions for me telling me that the doctor would like to speak with me. I told her I didn't need to speak with her because I was just picking him up, and she said well she still wants to talk to you. I roll my eyes and say well, I wonder why. I'm thinking seriously!!?!?!? I KNOW MY CAT IS FAT! HELLO, I live with him!
So, I run outside and turn off my car. Go back inside to meet with this vet. Well, she's tied up at the moment so she sends out a tech. I was like whats going on? She began to tell me how he is severely obese. I said laughing...you don't say. Then I asked well, what is his magic number? She said 25.5. Then I said well he's lost .5 Lbs since we were here last, and that's progress! Please tell me what I should do? She begins to explain how they sell this food. I interrupt her and explain he is on that food. Then she goes on to say...well there is another food. I just throw my hands up and say NO. He isn't going on another type of food sorry. She said well we will keep trying this food and if it doesn't work we can check his thyroid. I was like... whatever.
Then, I proceed to checkout to find that I have been baited and switched. Talk about POED... you have no idea. I was thinking my bill would be about 60ish $ after tax. NOPE...OVER $100. I WAS LIKE WHAT FOR?!!!!!!!!!
Shots...Sedation...Canine fee for bathing him because he is "overweight"...Bathing and grooming fee...and a Flee pill (which I did ask for)...Aoy!
Sedation...why is that $45?!!!!!!!!!! Because they put him in a gas chamber. A GAS CHAMBER?!?!?!!! WHAT?! Are you serious! That is just plain ridiculous. I'm never coming back here again...other than to get his food...until I can buy it somewhere else...
Finally, they bring him out and he is crying and hissing. I was like Hey Tide, and he looked at me like... I HATE YOU B*a! I get him home and realize...oh he isn't even dry! GRRrr. I wanted to go back up there and give them a piece of my mind, but they were closed. The rest of the night and a few days later...Tide would not go down stairs...The day after his visit he stayed in bed all day. Poor Kitty!
Switching gears here. Lately I feel like such an old lady. I mean, I already do things like watch the news or old T.V. shows. Today, I went to work came home turned on the news, ate dinner in my chair, with my blanket, and proceeded to watch Wheel-Of-Fortune! HA! I was like...I'm getting old...oh dear!
Seriously though...I ROCK at game shows. Whether it be Wheel-Of-Fortune, Family Feud, Price is Right or even Let's Make a Deal. My current favorite show is Let's Make a Deal with Wayne Brady because I'm not even kidding...I win every time! HAHA! Yeah, yeah. I know what your thinking how do you win every time... because I tell the people what prizes they should go for or what not to do. I'm right about 90% of the time. Just ask Evan he was listening to me one morning! HA! It was soo funny. He was like SOO this is what you do every morning. I was like pretty much I watch this show and eat breakfast in bed!! :) Love Summers! Maybe one day I'll be a contestant!! :D
No comments:
Post a Comment